Applicants may indicate which fellowship opportunity or opportunities best suit their qualifications when completing their online application, but applicants are normally considered for all potentially relevant and available positions. The same application is used for all positions.
To be considered for 2018 Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants must:
- have received a Ph.D. after January 1, 2013, but before beginning the fellowship;
- be legally permitted to work in the United States and/or Canada between 2018 and 2020;
- submit a complete application package, including all supporting documentation, and
- attend the program’s mandatory seminar held July 29 – August 4, 2018 at Bryn Mawr College.
- September 2017: Fellowship application period opens.
- December 29, 2017: Fellowship application deadline.
- February-June 2018: CLIR will forward all qualified applicants’ information to relevant host institutions; each host institution conducts its own review process. The timeline and procedures for reviewing applications vary widely from institution to institution. For details, see Frequently Asked Questions.
- June-September 2018: Fellowships begin (exact dates vary by institution).
- July 29 – August 4, 2018: All fellows must attend an intensive introductory seminar held at Bryn Mawr College.
Application and Selection Process
Applicants must register and establish a personal user ID and password within the application system. A complete application consists of the following items:
- a completed and submitted online application
- a current curriculum vitae for the applicant
- a document containing the applicant’s written responses to questions about their own research practices and the ways practices are changing in their fields
- three letters of reference submitted by reference providers through the online application system
- graduate school transcripts
Further Information for Applicants
Additional questions about the application process or the program may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.